Monday, November 25, 2013

From the equator

This is a test post from Ecuador. I think I have set everything up on Ray's iPad so that I can post photos, so here goes:


I stepped outside our little hotel this morning and took this photo of the typical residential scene in Quito, across the street. Quito lies in a long valley high in the Andes and mornings are usually misty with clouds rolling down the sides of the green valley.


This photo is a little dark, but is the typical Ecuadorean breakfast of bread, coffee and tree tomato juice. Eggs came later. The flavors of this breakfast are very specific memories to me, especially the wonderful juice, so it was a nostalgic pleasure to sit down to this this morning.

I am feeling tired and somewhat affected by the altitude today, so I'm taking it easy. If this post works I will try to post some more interesting photos in the coming days.

3 comments:

  1. Your post came through beautifully. Looking forward to reading more about your trip. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works! Hope you get your mountain legs under you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely. Looking forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete