Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Dulces

I think that is the correct Spanish word for "candy". This is a busy week. We leave for Ecuador on Saturday before dawn. I am finishing up a newsletter job and other work. I am trying to get my clothes together and my Christmas shopping done and today I finished up my big candy project. Above you see the filling of tins and containers. I ended up with rum balls, peanut butter balls, sugared walnuts and cranberry candy. The cranberry candy was problematic, but very tasty.

I am trying to maintain a Christmas-y spirit even though I am feeling a little panick-y at this point. I got email from my daughter today. I think she is getting excited to see us. She proposes that Sunday we help her and a friend/coworker put together gift baskets for their domestic help and some poor families. She is making arrangements for transportation and entertainment for us. I am looking forward to all that, but most of all I am looking forward to spending time with my daughter. I am thinking about speaking Spanish (poorly!) and taking pictures and eating Ecuadorean foods that I love and gasping and wheezing at that high altitude and browsing the markets. This is going to be great. Feliz navidad!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:22 PM

    Shoot! You are leaving Portland and I am arriving - on Monday. I'm sure we will have future times to get together. Have a safe and lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip and a joyful time together. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures. Happy Christmas! Val

    ReplyDelete